I noticed that some of my neighbors have been busy putting up their outdoor Christmas lights. I figure that’s only fair since stores are playing Christmas music and rushing to open on Thanksgiving for the Christmas shopping season. But I must say my poor neighbors were brave to be out putting up lights this past weekend. The weather has turned really cold. It was 18 Sunday morning and hasn’t been much above 30 ever since. At least we have been spared the winter storm which is covering at least a third of the country.
Some of the blogs I read post a Ten on Tuesday list most weeks. As would be expected, this week the theme is ten things the writer is thankful for. So let’s see …
1. I’m thankful I have a home with an intact roof and four walls around me. All those people who have gone through tornados aren’t so blessed.
2. I’m thankful I have friends who work in the stores where I shop who greet me by name and wish me a good day.
3. I”m thankful for good medical care even if it is expensive.
4. To go with the previous item, I’m thankful I have insurance which pays most of my medical bills.
5. I’m thankful for a church where I can hear the word of God preached by an able staff of ministers.
6. I’m thankful some people still teach their children to write thank you notes.
7. I’m thankful for those who read my blog and comment on it. I count them among my friends.
8. I’m thankful for the public library where I can check out books to read or listen to and where I can use the computer when mine isn’t working.
9. I’m thankful for my job at Joann’s and the joy it gives me to teach others how to knit.
10. I’m thankful that I have a car and am able to drive it.
What are you thankful for?